Editing scanned documents

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

sunny23456
User

Editing scanned documents

Post by sunny23456 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 pm

I created a document in Open-Office and printed it out but didn't save it. I wanted to be able to go back and edit it. I had it scanned on a USB flash drive in PDF -Xchanger Viewer. It opens but I can't edit it, is there anything I can do to be able to edit it? Thanks for you help.

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Editing scanned documents

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi sunny23456,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums! Scanned documents aren't editable, as they don't contain any actual text, only an image of the text. I'm afraid that I don't know of any PDF Reader that can inherently edit images. You would need to OCR the document with an OCR program that is capable of replacing the underlying image of text with actual text. Currently, our OCR isn't capable of doing this, but we are going to be adding this functionality soon - I can't comment on exactly when for now.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

sunny23456
User

Post by sunny23456 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Thank you so much. Even though my problem can't be solved today, I do love using the PDF-XChanger! I look forward to the upgrade you mentioned. I am so relieved I don't have to bother with Adobe anymore. Thanks

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:59 pm

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com