saving file paths

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

John Cleden
User

saving file paths

Post by John Cleden » Thu May 25, 2006 10:12 am

I wish to save all the tif files that I create to a particular folder (for later import into a document management system) and I can set the path to this folder by using properties, save, use predefined values and then browse.

I then switch back to “ask for file name and path when printing”, as I need to name the file as I save it, but I find that frequently the program seems to lose the folder information, which makes it very tedious saving files.

Is there a way of saving the path (permanently) but still letting me name the file as I save it?

I’ve just updated to version 3.22.33; using XP Pro.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri May 26, 2006 6:44 am

Hi,

Firstly the reason I suspect settings are lost is that when making preference changes - you have the application open that you will be printing from - in which case changes made are volatile and cannot be preserved beyond that session with that application, this is default windows behaviour as defined by MS.

You need to close this application - make changes to the default settings via the control panel/printers and faxes - thenb adjust the settings - they will then be retained until changed again using this method.

You cannot I am afraid define a path in the printer preferences and also have the screen 'pop' to ask for a file name - it is an 'either/or' option - they cannot be combined.

I will however ask the project team to look into making this available in the future.

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Charles Kay
User

Post by Charles Kay » Fri May 26, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi,

In my preferences, I have the directory path filled in but "Asc for name" checked.
It always goes to that directory and prompts for a file name.
This is exactly what I want. If it is a bug, please DON'T fix it.

-c-

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sat May 27, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Charles - I think the error is mine and this is correct - so for sure it will not be amended :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com