Where are the printersettings saved?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

fleo
User

Where are the printersettings saved?

Post by fleo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:08 pm

Because i don't want the user to manipulate the filename or savingpath on the one hand, i diabled it in the printerconfig. that works fine.
on the other hand, i need to change the filename on each printing by my selfdeveloped applikation (developed in centura) from where i start the printjob and add the username and a unique key to the filename.
where are the printersetting like filename and savepath saved (i could find it neither in registry nor in an ini-file)? can i modify them in any way?
is there another way, to do this? with the macros i am not able to add the username....
i didn't want to use the sdk, because users also want to print from office-products...!

thanks in advance!

fleo

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:16 pm

Hi,

without the SDK you cannot control the file naming other than via the Printer preferences.

What I suggest you do is set a default (constant) file name in a specific folder and then via your app colletc this file and move/rename.

best
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

fleo
User

Thank you!

Post by fleo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:51 am

That's not what i wanted to hear ;-), but thank you!

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:14 pm

sorry :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

livcyxingfoe
User

Re: Where are the printersettings saved?

Post by livcyxingfoe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:50 am

What I suggest you do is set a default (constant) file name in a specific folder and then via your app colletc this file and move/rename.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Where are the printersettings saved?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 am

Hello livcyxingfoe,

Your last post is an exact copy of a line further up the conversation. We do treat spam very seriously, so please do reply here why you pasted that particular line, or I am afraid that I will have to remove the post.

Best,
Stefan