Tiff-XChange won't register?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's TIFF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (All Versions).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

BarryH
User

Tiff-XChange won't register?

Post by BarryH » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:50 pm

Hi

I've just purchased a license for Tiff-Xchange, I ordered from your web site and got a license code from Atlantic Coast plc (whoever they are?)

I downloaded the current version, installed and entered the license code, restarted the computer (IBM laptop running W98SE) did a test print and find that the TIFF produced has a big "DEMO" stamp in the middle of it.

How do I get rid of that?

Secondly, trying to print from Serif PagePlus 10 produces the following error message:

"This printer does not support 'stretch di bitmaps' which means it is unlikely to print successfully and may cause computer or printer errors. Continue?"

Eh? What's this mean?

Thirdly, my first 300dpi TIFF file came out at over 15Mb! Any suggestions how to keep file sizes more manageable?
Best regards
Barry

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi,

1: The serial number has not been entered correctly - hence the reason for the demo stamp.

Please go to the TIFF-XChange printer preferences and right click - then select the 'About' Window option and the registration options.

Then copy/paste the serial number from your confirmation email provided by our Ecommerce agents Atlantic Coast.

2: Have no idea initially why this might be so - please provide a link to the authors of this software's web site and we will attempt to acquire a demo copy - please also ZIP and post a test file here for us to use to reproduce the problem.

3: You have selected no compression options - again go to the printer preferences and depending on your file type set the required compression settings - a file of the correct type and with corresponding size etc will be generated.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

BarryH
User

Post by BarryH » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:11 pm

Tracker Support wrote:
1: The serial number has not been entered correctly - hence the reason for the demo stamp.
Quite correct, a combination of "finger trouble" and inability to read what's on the screen. A common problem with most of my clients as well!

:lol:
Tracker Support wrote:
2: Have no idea initially why this might be so - please provide a link to the authors of this software's web site and we will attempt to acquire a demo copy - please also ZIP and post a test file here for us to use to reproduce the problem.
http://www.serif.com for PagePlus 10.0

My main requirement is for use with some proprietary engineering software. If you want a copy I can email it to you. I have to say that I am getting better results using "Snagit 6.0" to capture from my PC screen as a TIF than using the print routine from the software.

I gave up trying to run from my W98SE laptop! I transferred over to my destop XP machine where TXChange worked but the results were not good, I'm afraid.
Best regards
Barry

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:04 am

Hi,

Would be pleased to look into and advise further - can you please supply the requested files, particuarly the TIFF's made by Tiff-XChange and also Snaggit so we can compare ?

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

BarryH
User

Post by BarryH » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi John

Thanks for your interest.

It'll take me a day or two to gather together all the required files but I'll zip them all together and send them to you presently.

Best regards

Barry
Best regards
Barry

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:29 am

Thanks Barry.

Best regards
Tracker Support

TFM
User

tiff exchange register

Post by TFM » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:46 pm

We purchased tiff exchange and it has been running fine. The computer runing it die and we are reinstalling it. I downooad tiff xchange from your web site but durring install, it asks for a registration code, when i put in my keycode/serial number it says that it is i must enter a valide reg code ot trial.

Do I need a new number? My serial is 8 digits starting with a 5.

David Dobson
dmd9000@yahoo.com
817-691-6587

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:42 am

Hi David,

Yes you will - please email your purchase info and the name in which the license was purchased to upgrades@tracker-software.com and we will advise accordingly.

Thanks.

Best regards
Tracker Support